Please Scroll down to find out more about us and book today
Contact our Customer Service representative to make an appointment and to answer all your questions!
We Are JLMTransfers
How We Started
I (James) Started the business back in April 2021 around the third lockdown of COVID.
I started as a small HIgh Quality Furniture Transport Company specializing in Items and Goods Transport from Facebook Marketplace, Ebay Marketplace and other sources. From here we expanded to what we provide today.
We do not have a typical rate for our moving prices. Each move we do is different and we do not have a set price or a rate per hour.
how we calculate our prices is by these factors:
- The amount of Items
- The Total distance
- The Total Weight and any Difficulties
- The size of vehicle required
- The fuel costs
- The crew needed to assist
- Any additional services
- Any Extra Services
- Any extra Stops
- If two vehicles end up being required or extra items are added on at a later date ( additional charges apply)
We charge a one off fee of £10 Per floor for Stairs in Flats.
An average persons home move would usually take us between 3-6 hours. Sometimes 8 hours.
This all depends on the organisation of customers, the amount of items, any difficulties faced along the way, parking and road access, how many staff you have on the job and much more.
The longest time a move took to complete has been 20 Hours in a day. This was filling up a 15 tonne lorry and then afterwards moving the same customer to a medium 2 bedroom flat.
We would recommend booking your move with your selected moving company minimum of 3 weeks before your moving date.
The Latest would be 2 weeks before but not a day later than this otherwise you might not be ready
If you do not know your moving date but wish to enquire about moving, We would suggest you enquire at least 1 month and 1 week before your rough date/date you would like to be moved by to make sure you enable enough time to plan and be ready on your day of moving.
If you require help preparing your move, we have many services that can help you and help take the weight completely off of you. Come check out our services page for more information or click this link
Our Moving booking process is simple, you can either :
- Give us a call
- Fill out our super easy form on our contact tab
- give us an email
- send us a message through social media
- WhatsApp us
- Please tell us your requirements. A Home assessment, a Virtual Video Assessment or just a Standard Quote
- A full list of items of what’s going
- What service your looking to use
- Where your moving from and to
- Whether your moving from a house or flat
- Whether your moving to a house or flat
- Any parking or Road access issues
- Any narrow areas we need to be made aware of
- Any potential difficulties that we might face to complete or carry out the job.